Chef Alon Hershkowitz
EXECUTIVE CHEF, PERSONAL CHEF, PRIVATE COOKING CLASSES
• Private cooking classes including how to make pizzas, pastas, sauces, breads and much more.
• I host private events for small groups between 4-12 persons
• Menu developing
• International chef with 30 + years of experience
EXECUTIVE CHEF, THE QUEEN MARY LONG BEACH FEBRUARY 2020 UNTIL MAY 2020
• Lead culinary operation with 60 employees
• Banquets over 24 million a year
• Famous restaurant Sir Winston delivering the 1940’s experience
• Chef private dinner experience with our famous ghost tours
• Best brunch in southern California with action and carving station
EXECUTIVE SOUS CHEF, THE RENAISSANCE HOTEL RESORT & GOLF CLUB INDIAN WELLS CA APRIL 2017 - FEBRUARY 2020
• Lead culinary operation with 50 employees
• Cava restaurant with breakfast, lunch, and dinner, in-room dining, and weekend brunch buffet. Holiday brunch with 500 + guests.
• Lobby Sushi Bar (Glo) leading three sushi chefs from Japan.
• 750-degree pizza oven in SPC restaurant featuring homemade pizza dough, pasta and ravioli.
• Maintaining food cost 21-23 % for the last 2 years.
• My LPP was SP (strong performer) consistently performing each of the key action areas, demonstrating therefore a role model behavior in one and more of the key actions.
EXECUTIVE SOUS CHEF, THE RENAISSANCE VINOY HOTEL AND GOLF CLUB SAINT PETERSBURG FL
•Lead culinary operation with 1500 club members and hotel guests.
•1.5 M in Alfresco dining up the pool.
•2 M in Marchand’s restaurant and bar menu
•Fred’s caller private dining for hotel guest and members-only (steak house, seafood with Italian influents)
• Keeping our food cost 28-30.5 for the last 2 years
• My LPP WAS - SP - Strong Performer Employee consistently performs each of the key actions in the performance area and demonstrates role model behavior in one or more of the key actions
EXECUTIVE CHEF, THE RITZ-CARLTON HERZLIYA, ISRAEL – SEPTEMBER 2013 - MAY 2014
• Selected to be a part of the opening team to open the first Ritz-Carlton in Israel.
• Created menus for all F&B outlets and managed 3 chefs and 31 cooks.
• Managed the one and only kosher kitchen for the Ritz-Carlton brand.
• Participated on the countdown with Corporate Leaders from all over the world to
successfully open the hotel.
EXECUTIVE SOUS CHEF, MARRIOTT LOS ANGELES AIRPORT - JANUARY 2013 – OCTOBER 2013
• Lead the culinary operations of 1,000 room hotel with banquet and restaurant
revenue over $25 million per year.
• Oversaw 60 cooks in banquets and 33 for JW steak house and Champion Bar.
• Facilitated cooking classes for guests and associates with wine pairing, chef tables, and cooking-related activities.
EXECUTIVE SOUS CHEF, EDEN ROC RENAISSANCE MIAMI BEACH - JANUARY 2011- JANUARY 2013
• In charge of all banquet, receptions, weddings, and the only kosher kitchen for Marriott with banquet revenues of $1.3 million a month on average.
• Oversaw 92 cooks in banquets, Cabana Restaurant, Garde Manger, and Stewarding
• Maintained and assisted the Executive Chef with Food cost and worked on getting new equipment for all the banquet events, improved employee scheduling.
• The Hotel’s ESS went above brand by 9 points for the last 7 weeks, as of August 2011, the hotel was in the green zone for the first time ever with 73.6
EXECUTIVE FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR, THE PALACE AT KENDALL - MAY 2008 – JANUARY 2011
• Oversaw food and beverage operation for 300 residents with breakfast, lunch, and dinner, 2 buildings Renaissance Royale and Royale at Kendall Campus facility.
• Involved in all holiday activities, party brunches, and wedding events.
• Taught cooking classes twice a month and organized food-related activities for all the family members of residents and residents as well.
EXECUTIVE CHEF, COUNTRY CLUB OF CORAL GABLES - MAY 2007 – MAY 2008 (closed for renovation)
• Operation and production at the country club with over 600 members and families.
• Banquet revenues exceeded $5,000,000 and Restaurant revenue $700,000 per year.
• Redesigned banquet menus that increased the member satisfaction from 2.9 to 4.7 (satisfaction scale of 1-5) in a period of less than a year.
• Successfully acted as director of food and beverage and reduced food cost from 38 % to 27%.
EXECUTIVE SOUS CHEF, NATIONAL HOTEL SOUTH BEACH - APRIL 2003 – MAY 2008
• Directly responsible for three food and beverage outlets which generated more than $1.6m
• Responsible for all banquet operations created new menus for all F&B outlets, worked on all employee schedules, and reported all the operation to the Executive Chef
• Improved guest satisfaction from 3 to 4.3 on a scale of 1 to 5.
• Created one of the most successful Miami spice menus that resulted in a 68 %
increase in restaurant covers during the months of August and September.
BANQUET SOUS CHEF, HYATT HOTEL WESTLAKE VILLAGE - MARCH 1999 – APRIL 2003
• Began to work in the banquet department and completed the Hyatt Corporate Management training program (CMT) and for 18 months participated in the Hyatt University which covered both front and back of the house.
• Promoted to Banquet Sous Chef upon completion of the program.
Tadmor University, Cordon blue graduated in 1997.
Hyatt University 1999-2001
Trained in different cuisines which include French, Caribbean, Middle Eastern, Latin,
Asian. Worked for more than 15 years specializing in cooking classes to guest action
tables with food and wine pairing.
Won best site visit food quality and presentation reward in the desert 2019